We feel so blessed to have our clinic in this beautiful location. We have personally designed the internal layout to minimise the stress and anxiety your pet experiences during their visit.
- Quiet road entrance and plentiful carparking. We have chosen a quiet location well away from busy SH1 and Woodend town centre. We aim to give our clients a safe, relaxed arrival with easily accessible parking and lots of space to keep patients and owners settled. For our canine patients a walk around the lakeside path, wetlands walk, or a visit to the Pegasus dog park would be a lovely treat before or after their consult.
- Spacious reception area with a separate waiting zone dedicated to cats and small pets
- Separate, dedicated consult rooms for pet species. The clinic has two consult rooms, one for dogs, the other for cats and small pets. This, alongside separate waiting areas, reduces the stress experienced cats and smaller pets through reduced noise, reduced visual stimulation and reduced odour stimuli. We utilise a number of other tools to reduce stress including thick cage covers, pheromone dispensers, and calming music in consult rooms.
- Separate cat ward next to treatment area – this allows cats to be housed close to the action but in a calm, low stress environment where they are not stimulated by dogs and other loud noises
- Separate dog ward – is positioned to be easily accessed and checked while minimising noise generated to stimulate cats and other anxious patients
- Hospital ward – we have dedicated hospital cages for critical patients or for those recovering from anaesthesia to allow closer observation and rapid intervention in an emergency.
- Isolation area – critical for instances where contagious diseases are suspected. Our isolation can be accessed without risking contamination of the rest of the clinic.
- Dental/non-sterile surgery – a surgical area where dental procedures or contaminated surgeries (e.g. abscess drainage) are performed. Performing these surgeries here allows us to keep the sterile surgery dedicated for clean surgery.
- Sterile surgery room – dedicated for surgical procedures that require a high degree of sterility. This, alongside rigorous hygiene standards, reduces the risk of infections while allowing us to minimise the use of antibiotics for routine procedures.
- Imaging room with digital x-ray and ultrasonography. Digital x-ray dramatically improves image quality and diagnostic value while speeding up the process and improving the safety associated with imaging. Having a dedicated imaging room away from the hustle and noise of the treatment area reduces stimulation and allows us to take x-rays and perform ultrasounds under much lower levels of sedation than would otherwise be required.
- Laboratory with in-house blood analysers, urine analyser, microscope and centrifuges. This allows us to complete commonly run blood test profiles, analyse urine, and perform cytology for faster results and more prompt diagnosis of common conditions and diseases. For more complicated tests or for specialist opinions we refer testing to Gribbles Veterinary Pathology.